Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Professonial Plan


Here is some research I have done on my three jobs I have chosen and my references.

            The three careers I have chosen to research for my future career are a medical office assistant, a medical billing and coding specialist, and a medical office manager. I chose these three because as a future career I would like something in an office sitting down. Due to a past injury I can no longer do a lot of physical labor for a full time job. I worked in the medical field before and I wanted to stay in a field that I love being a part of. As a growing field there are always needs for office assistants, billing and coding specialists, and office managers.
            As an office assistant tasks include answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, greeting patients as they come into the office or checking them out after their appointment, making sure patients history is up to date, and keeping the office clean and organized, and  helping physicians prepare for conferences. (Medical secretaries job description, 2015) As an office assistant you can make anywhere from $20,066 to $41,067 a year.
            As a billing and coding specialist you are in charge of putting coeds in the computers and billing patients. They also sort and file paperwork, handles the insurance claims, and collection duties. There are many other job duties a billing and coding specialist handles such as collecting, posting, and managing patient accounts and payments, submit claims to insurance companies, investigate insurance fraud and report any if it is found, and the most important is translating the patient’s information and putting it into alphanumeric medical codes. (Billing/coding specialist job description, 2015) As a billing and coding specialist you could make $23,671 to $51,428 a year.
            As an office manager you are responsible for the whole office including administration and operations. They oversee office staff and make sure things are running smoothly. A manager can hire new employees, terminate employees, train new employees, and oversee the billing portions. As a manager there are many duties to keep the office running smoothly. You have to call for maintenance visits, maintain the medical records, pay the medical offices bills, order medical and office supplies, submit insurance claims, make deposits to the bank, and so much more. (Medical office manager job description, 2015). As an office manager you can make anywhere from $32,822 to $64,028 a year.

References
Medical office manager job description. (2015). Retrieved from http://www.americasjobexchange.com/medical-office-manager-job-description
Billing/coding specialist job description. (2015). Retrieved from http://www.americasjobexchange.com/billing-coding-specialist-job-description
Medical secretaries job description. (2015). Retrieved from http://www.americasjobexchange.com/medical-secretaries-job-description
Medical Office Administrator Salary. (N/A). Pay Scale. Retrieved from http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Medical_Office_Administrator/Salary
Certified Medical Billing/Coding Specialist Salary. (N/A). Pay Scale. Retrieved from http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Certified_Medical_Billing%2fCoding_Specialist/Hourly_Rate
Medical Office Manager Salary. (N/A). Pay Scale. Retrieved from http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Medical_Office_Manager/Salary
Medical Office Manager Training Programs and Requirements. (2015). Study.com. Retrieved from http://study.com/medical_office_manager_training.html
Degree Options in Medical Billing and Coding. (2015). Study.com. Retrieved from http://study.com/articles/Degree_Options_in_Medical_Billing_and_Coding.html
Administrative medical assistant: Job description and requirements. (2015). Education Portal. Retrieved from http://education-portal.com/articles/Administrative_Medical_Assistant_Job_Description_and_Requirements.html
 

No comments:

Post a Comment