Thursday, February 26, 2015

The World Unplugged Reflection

The World Unplugged Reflection:

     In many counties all over the world college students are finding them selves addicted to technology. In a study they found that students could not go with out technology for 24 hours. Some students had reactions such as shacking, twitching, and freaking out. They don't seem to know what to do with out the technology in their hands.

     I think technology is an addiction. When I was growing up we played out side we didn't watch a lot of TV and we didn't have cell phones, computers, or Internet. During the summer we were outside more then half the day playing with cousins on the swing set, in the sand box, in the barns chasing kittens and petting the cows. We went for nature walks with my aunt went swimming in the pond. Kids now days are addicted to watching cartoons, playing on their parents phones, and tablets. I have younger cousins who like never play outside because they will get dirty they would rather play video games in the house.

      I do have a smart phone but I'm not on it all the time like some of these students claim they do. I get on and check Facebook for maybe 10-20 minutes a day unless I'm busy and don't think about checking it. The most i use my phone is when I'm calling home to speak to my family because I'm temporary living away from home to attend college.

     I think cell phones, computers, Internet, and video games have all become a major addiction. It's almost like being addicted to drugs in my opinion. I think people should get out more and go visit their friends and family in person. I like talking to people face to face I get more out of a conversation when actually talking to a person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment